Pages

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

tuna mornay

This is a Thermomix recipe. I kind of made it up. I tried a different recipe and it was too rich and didn't have enough veggies for my liking. So I came up with this instead! I have had my machine for 2 years now and I still adore it. More on that another time..


Ingredients: 



  • 1 can tuna
  • 1 can corn, drained
  • 4 mushrooms sliced
  • 1 onion
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 50g butter
  • 30g plain flour
  • 1 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp stock paste
  • 300g small pasta
  • 500ml milk
  • 300ml water
  • 50g cheese (I used cream cheese)
  • 2 cups of spinach
  • Salt and pepper

How ya make it:

1. Onion and garlic into thermomix on sp. 7 for 2 seconds.
2. Add butter and sauté for 3 mins on Varoma temp sp 1.
3. Add milk, cheese, flour. Cook for 7 minutes sp. 3, 90 degrees.
4. Add Dijon, stock paste, water. Then add pasta, pushing it under the liquid. Then add corn and tuna, and mushrooms.
5. Cook for 18 minutes on 100 degrees sp. soft, reverse.
6. Add spinach to the bowl you're going to serve the mornay in, and when the cooking is finished add the mornay on top of the spinach.
7. Season with salt and pepper, and slowly mix to incorporate spinach.

Serve! Makes enough for 4-6.

No comments:

Post a Comment